Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Project 12 - Snack Sack

753 Days Left
Cost Breakdown
Fabric: Free (from my stash)
Thread: Free (from my stash)
Pattern: Free (Online tutorial)
Total Cost: $0.00












Materials:


Two fabrics or enough fabric for two squares and hook-and-latch tape. Rotary Cutter and Cutting Mat optional.



Pattern:



If any of my instructions are unclear, use this tutorial. Her instructions are clear and concise.



Instructions


  • Cut two squares, each 7" x 12"

  • Cut a length of hook-and-loop tape 6" long. I made my hook-and-loop tape 3/4 of an inch wide.

  • Sew the hook-and-loop tape to each 7" side of the inside pocket fabric, on the right side. (See I Have to Say's tutorial if this is unclear. I forgot to get a picture of this.)

  • Fold both rectangle in half, long-wise, right-sides together. Stitch down the sides, leaving a gap for turning on the inside pouch fabric. Leave the top open.

  • Clip Corners

  • Flip the inside pouch out, so the right side is out. Leave the outer pouch wrong-side out.

  • Place the inside pouch into the outside pouch

  • Pin the edges, so the outer seams match up. Stitch around the top of the pouch.

  • Pull the inner pouch out.

  • Flip the whole snack sack right-side out, using the hole you left in stitching the inner pouch.

  • Stitch the turning opening shut.

  • Stuff the inner pouch back into the outer pouch.

Project Rating: This project was easy and entirely enjoyable. From start to finish, it took me 40 minutes. I love the result.


No comments: